The NSF Industry & University Cooperative Research Center program is a vehicle for encouraging formal, topical relationships between academic institutions and industry collaborators. Research projects that make a good fit to the program and to the CB²:
- Aim to solve an applied problem on an aspect of the bioplastics or biocomposites supply chain.
- May be of particular interest to one industry partner but are preferably of broader significance.
- Build off of collaborative projects you have had with potential members in the past.
- Highlight the unique capabilities and expertise of affiliated faculty.
- Offer precompetitive but compelling solutions to difficulties that the industry must overcome.